Finance & G/L Systems
Finance & G/L Systems ('Finance') is a department of the Finance & Administrative Services division of Central Piedmont Community College ('CPCC'). The following are some of the most important, but not all, functions of Finance:
- Finance prepares all external financial reporting for the College, including monthly expense reporting to the state; the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report ('CAFR') due to the Office of the State Controller each year; the annual financial statements, which are due to and audited or reviewed by the Office of the State Auditor each year, etc.
- Finance provides financial data in support of external financial reporting requirements of other CPCC associates as needed.
- The CPCC Colleague General Ledger module Systems Accountant position resides within Finance. Finance provides Colleague General Ledger module training to CPCC employees as well as to employees of other institutions through the CPCC Colleague Training Center.
- Finance provides financial and accounting support to the CPCC Foundation, Inc. as well as the CPCC Services Corporation, Inc.
- Finance also maintains the CPCC chart of accounts, as well as the CPCC Foundation, Inc. and CPCC Services Corporation, Inc. chart of accounts.