For the college’s coronavirus updates, please visit cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced earlier today (Oct. 21) Phase Three of statewide coronavirus restrictions will remain in effect until at least Nov. 13.
In Phase 3, which began Oct. 2, bars, entertainment venues, movie theaters and large outdoor venues were allowed to reopen with capacity restrictions. Capacity limits remained in place for restaurants, and mass gatherings were limited as well – 25 for indoors and 50 for outdoors.
As a friendly reminder, open registration for spring classes begins Nov. 9. Also, registration for Corporate and Continuing Education courses is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Presidential Scholars Program
The Central Piedmont Presidential Scholars Program is both a scholarship and a unique cohort experience for high school seniors planning to attend Central Piedmont as a first-time college student.
Students in the Presidential Scholars program have their tuition and fees completely covered for a maximum of two years (fall and spring semesters). This merit-based honor will be awarded to 30 students each academic year.
As a Presidential Scholar, you benefit from leadership development, service learning, and peer mentoring opportunities as a part of an intentional community. Over the course of your educational journey, you will participate in a customized seminar series and volunteer projects and help successfully orient new students into the Presidential Scholars program.
If eligible, Presidential Scholars may still receive other financial aid funds, such as Pell Grants.
- unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- committed to finishing an associate degree at Central Piedmont
- maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA while at Central Piedmont and stay continuously enrolled full-time (summer excluded)
Steps to Apply
- Apply to Central Piedmont.
- Visit cpcc.academicworks.com/ and click “Sign In.”
- Use your Central Piedmont login to access and submit the General Scholarship Application form.
- Apply to the Presidential Scholars program by clicking the “Apply To” button next to Presidential Scholars Program.
- Complete the FAFSA (use Central Piedmont Title IV School Code 002915).
If you have any questions about the Presidential Scholars Program, please contact Deziree Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.330.6027.