File FAFSA now

last modified Feb 20, 2018 03:44 PM

Get started on financial aid for next year:

What is the FAFSA?

The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the application that you must complete to apply for federal student aid such as Pell grants and work-study opportunities. Your FAFSA is also used to determine whether you’re eligible for other financial aid, such as need-based scholarships.

The FAFSA is now easier to file and available early which gives you a better opportunity to receive federal funds for school.

Which application should I complete?

This depends on when you want to attend CPCC:

Fill out the 2017 – 2018 FAFSA application and use your 2015 tax return if you want to attend:
Summer 2018 semester (begins May 2018)

Fill out the 2018 – 2019 FAFSA application and use your 2016 tax return if you want to attend:

  • Fall 2018 semester (begins August 2018)
  • Spring 2019 semester (begins January 2019)
  • Summer 2019 semester (begins May 2019)


Have questions?

Visit the Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs website or call 704.330.6942.