Student Success Resources

Topic Page - Student Success
Campus by Campus Student Services

STAR (Success through Academic Reporting)
CPCC has adopted an early alert system to notify  students of their progress in their classes early on and again at midterm. This system is called STAR: Success Through Academic Reporting. Faculty will submit STAR reports through the Online Student Profile (OSP) at two critical points during the term, early in the term and at the midterm point. Intervening during a student’s first term is key to their retention and ultimate success.
*STAR reporting system is located inside WebEmployee portal > Faculty > Faculty Information > OnlineStudentProfile or directly at website.
*Contact Sarah Wilde, Director STAR @ 704 330 6688

    Faculty Handbook: Students

    The Faculty Handbook is a resource for all full-time and part-time faculty at Central Piedmont Community College. It is intended to serve as a helpful reference for information about policies, procedures, services and activities that will assist you in carrying out your responsibilities at the College. Use this quick link to go directly to the Part V: Student section of the Faculty Handbook.

    Academic Learning Centers (ALC)...
    For any student enrolled in a curriculum course who needs individual assistance in addition to that which they are receiving in the classroom, the ALC has caring qualified staff who are ready to help them learn. Click here locate services by campus.

    Standards of Academic Probation and Suspension

    Students who are enrolled in a program and whose program GPA falls below 2.0 will be placed on academic warning. If the GPA does not improve by the end of the next semester, students are paced on Academic Probation. Click this topic and scroll down to learn more about Academic Warning, Probation, and Suspension policies.

    Withdrawal Policies and Procedures

    A student who for any reason cannot complete a course must take the responsibility to formally withdraw in order to avoid a failing grade.  To receive a W grade, a student must withdraw prior to the 35% date of the class. To find the 35% withdrawal deadline date for a class, check the online syllabus or check the College Calendar.

    Withdrawal transactions can be done online or in-person during business hours to any CPCC registration office. The instructor may also assign a W at the end of the term when circumstances warrant such action.  A W will remain on the transcript.  A W will not count as credit hours attempted.  To receive credit, a student who received a W must re-register and pay for the course in a subsequent term.  Withdrawals may affect student financial aid. However, we recommend that when possible, the instructor meet with the student to determine if there are other options other than withdrawal from the course. Counseling and tutoring or other services might be available to assist a student.