What is EdCamp?
EdCamp Charlotte is a user-generated “unconference” event for anyone who is interested in improving student success. An “EdCamp” is based on the "BarCamp" event model for providing open, participatory workshop events, with content provided by participants. Education professionals and attendees make a quick pitch to speak or present a session during EdCamp. Attendees then vote on what they would like to see, creating the schedule of events for the day. Anyone can pitch a session, so start working on your pitch and session content now. It’s a fun, innovative and free way for the community to gather, exchange ideas and share experiences.
Topics at an EdCamp
Topics often discussed or presented during an EdCamp include but are not limited to teaching and learning, pedagogy, instructional design, instructional technology, e-learning, distance education, mobile learning, improving the quality of education, best practices, instructional emerging software applications and technologies, social media and social learning, learning management systems, course management systems, Blackboard, Moodle, course content creation, classroom management and much more!
Here’s How it Works
- Anyone with ideas that they want to share makes a pitch to the group.
- After the pitches, everyone votes on what sessions they want to attend.
- The votes are tallied, the agenda is set and the learning commences!
- Presenters and attendees meet in assigned rooms for the sessions.
When and Where
- May 20, 2013
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tate Hall in the Overcash Center on CPCC's Central Campus
- Charlotte, NC
Event attendees are recommended to park in student parking deck #2 located at the corner of 4th Street and Charlottetowne Avenue. To view a campus map, click here.
- 9:00-9:15 a.m. Welcome and event kick-off followed by morning session pitches
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. Voting
- 9:45-10:00 a.m. Announce morning schedule
- 10:00-10:50 a.m. Break-out sessions 1
- 11:00-11:50 a.m. Break-out sessions 2
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Lunch on your own
- 1:00-1:15 p.m. Afternoon session pitches
- 1:15-1:30 p.m. Voting
- 1:45-2:00 p.m. Announce afternoon schedule
- 2:00-2:50 p.m. Break-out sessions 3
- 3:00-3:50 p.m. Break-out sessions 4
Community and Social Media