If there is a fire in your area, follow these guidelines:
- If you discover a fire or smoke, leave the area and pull the fire alarm. From a safe location, call College Security at 6911 or 704.330.6911 from a non-campus phone to report the fire.
- If you are able to safely extinguish the fire, do so only
if you have been properly trained. Make sure that you have a safe exit from the fire area.
- Evacuate the building as soon as the alarm sounds and proceed to the designated assembly area. Take personal belongings with you.
- On your way out, warn others nearby.
- Move away from fire and smoke. Close doors and windows if time permits.
- Touch closed doors. Do not open them if they are hot.
- Use stairs only. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
- Move at least 300 feet from the building and go to your building’s designated assembly area.
- Do not re-enter the building or work area until you have been instructed to do so by College Security, Building Captain or emergency response personnel.
If there is a fire in your building: Evacuate immediately following the fire exit plan posted in your area.
Designated Assembly Areas:
- Central Campus designated assembly areas include:
- All CPCC parking facilities.
- The Quad.
- Cato, Harper, Harris, Levine and Merancas: Designated assembly areas are the parking lots.