Refund policy is established by the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) and is subject to change without notice. Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) will apply this policy without exception.
Credit card payments will be refunded via credit card beginning October 2011. All other curriculum refunds will be issued via CPCC Debit Cards. All other CCE refunds will be issued via check.
CPCC Debit Cards
CPCC has partnered with Higher One since spring 2009 to provide curriculum and financial aid students with a more efficient, easier way to receive their refunds. Students will receive a CPCC debit card upon initial registration if they have not received one previously.
The CPCC debit card is NOT a credit card. The purpose of the debit card is to provide a more efficient way to issue refunds to students. Do not throw the card away. This card will be used for all refunds for financial aid and curriculum students. Please store the debit card in a safe place after activation in case you need it during your college career at CPCC.
For more information regarding the debit card, please visit the CPCC debit card website. If you have any questions regarding the CPCC debit card, please contact Higher One at 1-866-782-0821 or the cashiering office at 704-330-6964.
The current refund policy allows a 100 percent refund of tuition paid for curriculum classes dropped prior to the first day of the academic term. A 75 percent refund is issued for curriculum classes dropped on or after the first day of the term through the 10 percent point of term. Tuition paid and applicable fees will be refunded 100 percent for classes cancelled by the college.
LAB FEE, STUDENT ACTIVITY FEE AND INSURANCE
Appropriate lab fee amounts will be refunded if the class is cancelled by the college or the student drops a lab class during the 100% refund period. Student activity fees or student insurance are not refunded unless the class is cancelled by the College.
Students who enroll in curriculum courses but drop all their courses prior to the first day of the academic semester will have the CAPS Fee refunded.
CORPORATE AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
Self-Supporting Classes (indicated by SS after the course description under the “refund” column) are eligible for a refund based on the following policy:
- 100 percent of tuition paid will be refunded by the college if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of the class.
- If you do not withdraw and do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- Tuition will be refunded 100 percent for any classes canceled by the College.
Occupational Extension Classes (indicated by OE after the course description under the “Refund” column) are eligible for a refund based on the following policy:
- 100 percent of tuition paid will be refunded by the college if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of the class. Call Customer Service at 704.330.4223 to withdraw.
- 75 percent of tuition paid will be refunded by the college if the student officially withdraws on or after the first day through the 10 percent point of the class.
Tuition will be refunded 100 percent for any class canceled by the college.