College and Career Readiness Lab Cards
Please make sure the following is on each lab card:
- Student's name.
- Student ID number.
- Student's signature.
- Class name, number, and section.
- Days and hours student attended.
- Total of all hours student attended, include fractions of time**
a. On each card, circle the total and initial it.
**If a student has withdrawn, we can still count the hours the student attended.
How to prepare the cards for FTE processing:
- Alphabetize the cards by student’s last name.
- Record the time as follows:
- Per NCCCS memos 93-259 and 02-128: “Student time in class other than whole hours may be rounded to the nearest one-fourth (1/4) hour. For example, if a student attended a 6:00-9:00 p.m. class from 6:00 to 7:40 p.m., the student would be reported for one hour and forty-five minutes of attendance (rounding to the nearest one-fourth of an hour). If the same student attended from 6:00 to 7:35 p.m., the student would be reported for one and one-half hours of instruction.”
- On the attendance roster, record the total number of hours, with fractions of time.
235.5 = 236
556.67 = 557
- Be sure to indicate any orientation/assessment hours completed by the student. NOTE: these orientation/assessment hours can only be counted if the student receives instruction; the instruction must occur in the same semester as the orientation/assessment hours.
If a student’s signature is missing from their lab card, please attach a copy of the in-class registration form to the lab card.