Student Ambassador Program
The mission of the Student Ambassador Program is to provide Central Piedmont with student leaders who participate in an official capacity, both on and off campus, throughout the year. The program brings together students from various academic disciplines and cultural backgrounds. Ambassadors benefit from leadership, hospitality, communication, as well as personal and professional development experiences while creating long lasting ties with their future alma mater.
Student Ambassadors act as liaisons between the college, prospective, and current students and their families, guests, alumni, business partners, and friends of the college by engaging in activities that:
- promote Central Piedmont Community College pride
- communicate the mission, vision, and culture of the college
- strengthen our traditions
- encourage lifelong involvement with the college
- required attendance at the two-day Student Ambassador training session
- participation in a minimum of 60 hours of Student Ambassador activities per semester in fall and spring, and 15 hours in the summer
- Summer hours serve as an extension of training.
- Fall and spring semester hours consist of two hours per week of office hours (equaling 32 each semester) and 28 hours of events.
- adherence to dress code policies during office hours, tours, and events
- demonstrate a high standard of professionalism at all times
- maintain flexibility when tasks change unexpectedly
- required attendance at Student Ambassador monthly meetings
- maintain enrollment in at least 9 credit hours at Central Piedmont within an active academic program during the fall and spring semesters
- while serving as an ambassador, must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
If you have any questions about the Student Ambassador Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.