Accelerated Career Training (ACT)
Step up from a job to a career. Accelerated Career Training at Central Piedmont Community College is focused, fast, and free.
The College and Career Readiness Accelerated Career (ACT) Program offers opportunities to attain meaningful employment for individuals in the Charlotte region who are unemployed, underemployed, and/or limited to low-wage jobs
Get free job training fast in these high-growth career paths:
- Culinary Apprentice Certificate
- Call center/customer service representative
- Early childhood teacher
- Information technology
- Healthcare: Nursing Assistant, Phlebotomy
- Entry-level construction in partnership with Goodwill Industries
- Transportation/commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC)
What You Can Expect
- access to a personalized Career Success Coach who will help you decide on your career path
- personalized help during your program to support your day-to-day life challenges
Background checks and drug screening are not required for participation in all all ACT programs, but may be required for future employment.
By participating in an ACT program you are also required to attend Working Smart classes. The Working Smart course supports your ACT program course by focusing on helping you master the skills that employers believe are critical to job success and on increasing your chances for employment and promotion. The Working Smart Course will cover resume development, interview preparation, and job search techniques. The Working Smart course will also give you personalized help during your program to support your day-to-day life challenges and ensure that you are successful in completing your courses. Working Smart is recognized and valued by Mecklenburg County employers. If you have previously completed the Working Smart course and have a certificate, you will not need to complete the course again. Please provide us with a copy of your Working Smart Certificate to fulfill this requirement.