Services for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Renew Materials Online or Check Fines
Request Items: Delivery Between Central Piedmont Campuses
The Library Catalog may be used to place holds on checked-out library materials or request items to be sent between campuses for pick-up.
Allow 2-3 business days for items being sent between campuses.
To place a request:
- Find an item in the catalog
- Click Request It
- Enter your CPCC Login
- Use the drop-down box to choose your pickup library. If you need it before a certain date, check I have a deadline for this material and enter the latest date that you would need it.
- Click Submit.
You will receive an e-mail in your Central Piedmont student email account when your materials are ready for pickup. Requests may be picked up at the circulation desk.
Interlibrary Loan: Borrow Materials from a Non-Central Piedmont Library
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services are provided for current Central Piedmont students, faculty, and staff. Borrowers are responsible for following the ILL policy; please read the policy before requesting materials.
Materials which are not requested by interlibrary loan include:
- Items already owned by Central Piedmont (including items from online databases)
- Textbooks currently in use for Central Piedmont classes
- Books from the Charlotte/Mecklenburg Public Library (including the Law Library)
- Media items such as DVDs and CDs
Assistive Technologies for Students with Disabilities
The library is committed to ensuring that all students have access to resources and equipment to increase their independence, productivity and success while at Central Piedmont. In fulfilling this commitment, the library, in collaboration with Disability Services and Information Technology Services (ITS), has added the following leading-edge technologies to assist students in the Central campus library.
- Kurzweil 3000 Read/Scan reading software (v.9) with HP Scanner and 20” monitor — this reading system provides for enhanced reading, writing, and learning for low vision and learning disabled students. This system is located in the reference area on the 1st floor in the library the Central campus library.
- Merlin LCD CCTV (Closed Circuit TeleVision) — a reading aid for text and image magnification. A 17” or 19” CCTV is located at each of the six campus libraries. In addition, CCTVs are also located in TE 231 and in Student Support Services at Levine.
- Accessible Software — Microsoft Accessibility Tools assist users with vision, hearing and mobility needs. This tool is located on all PCs and can be accessed via the programs menu under the Accessories option.
- Kensington Expert and Optical Trackball Mouse — assists users with mobility impairments.
- Oversized hand calculator — numerical calculator with large key pad for individuals with vision and mobility impairments.
Additional assistive technologies are available in Disability Services. Students who have a documented disability or who may think they may have a learning problem may contact Disability Services at 704.330.6621 (Voice) or 704.330.6421 (TTY).
Computing at Your Library
Each campus library has the following self-service computing options available.
All library computers include Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher. Other installed software is listed in the ITS Base Image.
Macintosh computers loaded with graphic design software are available at Central and Harper Libraries.
All campus libraries also have the following equipment available for check-out to students:
Frequently Asked Questions