Online Learning Introduction
Unsure if taking online courses is the best option for you? Complete the Online Learning Introduction. The introduction will prepare you for this unique learning experience.
To prepare you to take online classes at Central Piedmont, you are required to complete the Online Learning Introduction and earn 70% or higher on its assessment. This will provide you with information, skills, and mindset you need to be successful in a fully online course. You are required to complete the introduction if you:
- are taking an online course at Central Piedmont for the first time
- have earned less than a "C" or have withdrawn from all of your online classes within the last three years
If required, you will be unable to register for an online course until you complete the Online Learning Introduction.
Taking the Online Learning Introduction
The Online Learning Introduction has these three modules:
- Online Student Success
- Blackboard 101
- Central Piedmont Policies, Procedures, and Support Resources
After completing these three modules, you must take the final assessment and earn at least a 70%.
To complete the Online Learning Introduction, you will need:
- approximately 45 minutes
- access to a desktop computer or laptop (using a tablet or smartphone will not be as effective)
- Internet access
- an up-to-date web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Please do not use Internet Explorer)
- headphones or speakers
Within a few minutes after completing the online learning intro assessment with a score of 70% or higher, you will be able to register for online classes. If all online sections are full, you may register for a hybrid or seated (face-to-face) section. You may also schedule an appointment with an advisor to find out what other options are available to you.
Follow these step-by-step instructions for accessing and completing the online learning introduction. You can also watch a video of the instructions (the video clip has no audio). For assistance, contact the ITS HelpDesk at 704.330.5000 or email@example.com.
- Visit blackboard.cpcc.edu to access the Blackboard system.
- Enter your Central Piedmont username and password when prompted to log in.
- Once you are logged in, select "Organizations."
- In the "Organization Search" box, enter "online learning" and click "Go."
- In the list of organization ID options, select "Org_Online_Learn_Intro."
- You will receive a message indicating you are not yet enrolled. Select "Click here to enroll" to complete the enrollment process.
- You will receive a message saying "Access Denied." Ignore this message and click the "Enroll" link.
- You will receive a message asking for confirmation that you want to enroll in the online learning intro. Click the "Submit" button to complete enrollment.
- You will receive an "Action Successful" message to indicate you are successfully enrolled in the online learning intro. Click "OK" to continue.
- Under "Announcements," click "Begin CPCC Online Learning Intro."
- To access the modules, select "CPCC Online Learning Intro." This will open in a new window. Complete the intro on a laptop or PC with an up-to-date web browser, using headphones or a speaker.
- Once you complete the online learning Intro, click “Mark Reviewed” to access the online learning intro assessment. You must earn at least a 70% before you can register for your online class. You are allowed to take the assessment as many times as necessary.
After you complete the assessment, please take a few minutes to give us feedback about your experience using the "Take the Survey" link.
On-Campus Blackboard Practice Sessions
We also offer a great opportunity to have an instructor-led introduction to the Blackboard learning management system via optional face-to-face on-campus Blackboard practice sessions.