How to File a Title IX Complaint
If you experience sexual discrimination, harassment, or violence, you have rights and you have options. Title IX and Central Piedmont’s resources exist to help you get the support you need. Whether you are a student, faculty member, staff member, or guest, you have the right to file a complaint through the college and/or explore other options.
Any person (student, faculty, staff, or guest) who believes discriminatory practices have been engaged in based upon gender may discuss these concerns and file informal or formal complaints of possible violations of Title IX (in the case of emergencies please call 704-330-6911):
- College Security Services is located on all campuses and is available by phone at 6911. College Security Services Officers are available 24/7 and offer an annual security report on their website.
- Student Conduct and Civility is located in Overcash Center, Room 214 and is available by phone at 704-330-6819. The office is staffed from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Central Piedmont Community College’s Title IX Coordinator is Leon Matthews, whose office is located in the Hall Building, Room 218, on Central Campus. This office may be contacted from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday by phone at 704.330.6524 or by email at email@example.com. You may also contact Margaret Smith, Deputy Title IX Coordinator and Institutional Equity Administrator, in the same office or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Title IX reporting form (PDF). You will need to print this form and submit it to the Title IX office (address and email information above). You may also mail it to Central Piedmont, PO Box 35009, Charlotte, NC 28235, ATTN:Title IX office.
- The Office of Human Resources is located in the Pitts Building and is available by phone at 704.330.6631. The office is staffed from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Counseling Services is located on all campuses and is available by phone at 704.330.6433. The centers are staffed from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Local Law Enforcement Agencies can be reached by calling 911.
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center is located at 200 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte NC 28204. The Emergency Department can be reached at 704-384-4000.
- Atrium Medical Center is located at 1000 Blythe Boulevard, Charlotte NC 28203. The Emergency Department can be reached at 704.355.2000
- Charlotte Children and Family Services Center: 704.332.9034
- 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline/Safe Alliance Domestic Violence Shelter: 704.332.2513
- 24/7 Rape Crisis Hotline: 704.375.9900
- Victim Assistance for court assistance and safety planning 704.336.4126
- Community Support Services: 704.336.3210
- Domestic Violence Healthcare Project-Crisis services for victims based at Atrium Medical Center:704.446.3999
- NOVA (a division of CCS DV services) Batterer education/counseling 704.336.4344
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center: 1.877.739.3895
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1.800.273.8255
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX may be referred to Central Piedmont Community College’s Title IX Coordinator or to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Central Piedmont Community College’s Title IX Coordinator is Leon Matthews, whose office is in the Hall Building, Room 218. This office can be contacted by phone at 704.330.6524 or by email at email@example.com.