6.29 Procedures for Building Renovations or Modifications
These procedures ensure that all modifications, additions, and renovations to Central Piedmont facilities:
- comply with building codes, applicable laws, statutes, and ordinances
- are executed in accordance with established Central Piedmont business practices
- have been reviewed and approved for aesthetic and technical issues.
This procedure applies to any project that will:
- alter the exterior or interior appearance of a facility
- involve architectural or engineering work
- require a building permit
- penetrate a surface of a College facility or grounds
- require a hard-wired electrical connection for the installation of equipment
- require any mechanical and/or plumbing connections for the operation of the equipment
It does not apply to equipment that operates on a plug-in electrical connection. It is advisable to initiate a work order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any question about the compatibility of the equipment with the existing electrical system.
When a project is planned that meets any of the above guidelines, the Building Renovations Request Form must be completed, including as much technical information as is available, and sent to Facilities Services. The request will be assigned to a project manager who will review it with the requestor to determine the scope of the project and to identify all issues associated with it.
The project will be reviewed at the next Facilities Partners meeting and then presented to Cabinet for approval. If approved, the project will be executed by Facilities Services.
Approved by Cabinet on November 22, 2010