6.14 Space Assignment
Major facilities assignments are made by the College Cabinet. Within the parameters established by the College Cabinet, the Campus Deans or their designees, in consultation with the Manager for Facilities Management for budget planning, will assign space at Central Piedmont sites.
- Major facilities assignments (change of use, departmental moves, relocations related to new construction and renovation) are managed by the Cabinet through the Facilities Partners. Requests for space are submitted by the Campus Dean or Cabinet member to the Associate Vice President for Instruction. Requests must be submitted on the Request for Facility Space form. Recommendations are forwarded to the College Cabinet for decision.
- For individual office space assignments, a written request form for all full-time employees will be submitted to the Campus Dean.
- Part-time employees may be assigned work space which has been previously designated for that purpose by respective departmental or work units.
- The Campus Dean will forward office assignments to the requesting administrator and the Manager for Facilities Management.
- Each department is responsible for providing Information Technology Services with correct office locations, titles, and phone numbers.
- Human Resources will notify the Campus Dean and the Manager for Facilities Management when a full-time employee retires, resigns, or otherwise terminates employment.
- Supervisors will notify Facilities Management and ITS when an employee retires, resigns, or otherwise terminates employment. Supervisors will facilitate the return of keys to Facilities Services.
- When an office becomes vacant, the Campus Dean and the Manager for Facilities Management must approve the relocation of other full-time personnel to that vacant office.
- Campus Deans, or their designees, will notify Facilities Management of all space assignments.
Approved by Cabinet 9/19/00