Please see the important update about Central Piedmont classes resuming Feb. 22 and March 1 following the ransomware attack. Visit www.cpcc.edu/technology-interruptions for details.
Information for Students
Information for students about the February 2021 technology interruptions.
Our Information Technology Services staff had to take the college’s critical systems offline, including phone lines — these systems are unavailable right now.
Keep reading and check this page often to find the latest updates on the technology interruptions and how they affect your classes, registration, student services, etc. The college will officially let you know by text, phone call, and these technology interruptions pages when our systems are available again. Please also follow Central Piedmont on social media to keep up-to-date on what’s going on at the college.
Saturday, February 20 Update: How to Get Back Into Your Email
Last week’s cyberattack impacted many of the college’s main communication channels and learning platforms. The Information Technology Services team has been working to bring those tools back online, where possible, in a secure and deliberate process to ensure the future safety and reliability of the college’s technology systems.
Today, Information Technology Services is helping you reactivate your Central Piedmont username so you can access your student Gmail account, other tools in Google Workspace, and Webex.
Reactivate Your Account
You need to reactivate your Central Piedmont username with a new password. Follow these steps:
- Visit the Activator Application.
- Select “Continue.”
- Enter your college ID, choose your account type, and select “Claim.”
- Enter your personal information, which will prove to the app that you are who you say you are.
- If you successfully enter your personal information, a congratulatory message will appear confirming your user account has been reactivated. You can now log in to Google Gmail and Google Workspace, and use Webex.
- If you don’t enter your information correctly, you’ll get a message requesting you come to Central Campus to complete the account reactivation process in person.
If You Need to Reactivate Your Account In Person
Thank you so much for your patience during this challenging time. We understand the temporary loss of student email and communication with Central Piedmont faculty and staff makes information sharing difficult. Please know we are working as hard as we can to bring our other systems back online. More details on the status of the college’s other technology systems will be coming soon. Please keep checking these technology interruptions pages frequently and share any updates with your peers so we’re all in the loop.