Technology Interruptions Information for Employees
Information for employees about the February 2021 technology interruptions, including the college's efforts to get various functions back online. Please check back often for more details as they are available.
- timeline for when ITS expects specific systems and tools to be available again
- status of major Central Piedmont technology systems
Tuesday, March 30: You Need to Get a New College ID Card by Mon., April 12
Information Technology Services is in the process of rebuilding the access control system on all campus facilities. To ensure you are able to access your campus building/workspace going forward, Information Technology Services is requiring that all employees be issued new college IDs by Monday, April 12, 2021.
When and Where to Get Your New ID
You can get your new ID card from Information Technology Services:
- Dates: Monday, April 5–Thursday, April 8, 2021
- Times: 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Location: Central Campus, Overcash Center (near the Sbarro/Food Court area)
- Bring your existing access card.
- Bring a valid photo ID.
- Plan to have a new photo taken for your ID. (Previous photos or electronic copies will not be accepted.)
- Absentee or mailed cards are not permissible — you need to come to campus in person.
Your new card will start working — and your existing card will stop working — by Monday, April 12. However, the process of enabling the new system will be door-by-door, so it may take a while.
If you can't make it to campus between April 5–8: a new ID distribution process will be communicated in the coming weeks.