Employee Health Screening Clinics
For your convenience and good health, Central Piedmont is partnering with Maxim Healthcare Services to host no-cost onsite health screening clinics as part of a pilot employee health initiative. All full-time and part-time employees, regardless of insurance coverage or provider, are invited and encouraged to participate.
Screening services include:
- lipid profile/glucose screening (via fingerstick)
- blood pressure (BP) measurement
- body mass index (BMI) measurements
- health discussion with a registered nurse
Participants must be registered and space is limited. All screening costs will be covered for employees who are registered. Participants will also be required to provide proper identification, insurance card (if applicable), and to sign a consent form before undergoing the screening.
Fasting is required for accurate blood glucose, triglycerides, and LDL cholesterol results. In this case, we ask that you not have anything to eat or drink, except water, for the 8-12 hours prior to your scheduled visit. We do strongly recommend that you stay hydrated with water, as this can make the finger stick test easier to administer. If you take medications, please continue to take them as you usually would.
During a screening, your Maxim nurse may perform a variety of measurements including weight, height, and blood pressure, as well as a finger stick test, which is done by obtaining a small sample of blood using a lancet device. After the screening, the nurse will provide you with your results and briefly discuss them with you.
Why is it Important to Get Screened?
Wellness screenings provide vital information about an individual’s personal health numbers which can identify current and potential medical issues. When people are aware of their numbers, they are better able to measure and understand their risks for certain health conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension, and make lifestyle changes to reduce these risks.
Registration closes 48 hours before each event.
- Go to maximwellness.bioiq.com.
- Click the ‘Sign Up Now!’ button.
- When prompted with the question "Do you already have an existing BioIQ account?":
- New users: select “No, this is my first time” and follow the steps to create an account.
- Returning users: select "Yes, I do" and enter your username and password from the previous year.
- Enter the invitation code CPCC2019.
- Choose your screening option: On-Site Screening.
- Select your preferred appointment location, date, and time.
If you are unable to register due to a full clinic, please know that there will be additional opportunities to attend another clinic in the near future based upon demand. If you would still like to attend a clinic that is at capacity, you may do so via a walk-in screening, at a cost of $43 payable to Maxim Healthcare via cash or check.