For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of June 24, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks -- until July 17 -- while making face coverings mandatory in public.
Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration. Central Piedmont will announce its updated plans for the upcoming fall semester soon after the July 4 holiday. Preliminary plans for fall include offering classes that are completely online, class sections that are primarily online, classes that will combine online and in-person instruction, and a smaller percentage of traditional in-person classes.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Field Trip Request
Once the Field Trip Request (PDF) has been completed (all signatures supplied), please submit the form accompanied by the class roster to the Enterprise Risk Management office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the following regardingt he college's Field Trips policy.
College Field Trips Policy and Procedures
Please read 5.15 College Field Trips Policy.
The College may sponsor field trips to enrich the learning experiences of students. Such experiences should be provided as economically as possible, while maintaining fiscal accountability. Students may be charged fees to cover costs of field trips sponsored by the College, provided students are informed at the time of registration of any field trip fees required for participation in a course.
Field trips are permissible when they are designed to enrich the learning experiences of students. A member of the College faculty or staff, designated as the coordinator of the trip, must accompany the group making the trip. The coordinator and dean/manager, as well as Finance and Administrative Services, are responsible for facilitating the field trip for students.
A. Coordinator Responsibilities
- Secure permission from the agency in charge of the facilities to be visited.
- Estimate the costs of the field trip, develop a budget based on costs, estimate the number of participants, and determine the student charge rounded to the nearest dollar.
- Secure permission from the division director and group dean/manager, submitting a "Request for New Account Number" form, together with the revenue/expenditure budget.
- Complete arrangements for class and/or office coverage while on the field trip.
- Arrange with the group dean/manager for transportation and for authorization for the students to be absent (if necessary) from classes in order to make the trip. A list of participating students should be left with the division director and/or the group dean/manager.
- Complete a Field Trip Request form (PDF), retaining one copy and forwarding a copy to the division director and/or group dean/manager and to the Director of Risk Management/Business Continuity.
- Advise students to pay charges to the Cashier's Office.
- Orient students in advance concerning the objectives of the trip, hazards, or highlights.
- Submit invoices for costs to the Accounts Payable Department (email@example.com).
B. Dean/Manager Responsibilities
- If needed, review, revise, and approve the "Request for new account number" form, submitting the form to the Accounting & Reporting Department.
- Ensure that students are informed of the approximate field trip charges at the time they enroll in the course through the publication of charges in the class schedule.
- Submit, through the appropriate unit vice president, to the President, a summary report for each semester that includes:
- Course name/number
- Field trip name/account number
- Budget/actual revenues and expenses
- Current surplus/deficit
- Future plans
C. Financial Services Responsibilities
- Accounting and Reporting: Establish an account for the field trip (if needed).
- Cashier's Office: Receive student payments for field trip charges.
- Accounts Payable: Pay invoices submitted by the coordinator of the trip.
- Business Office: Assist the dean/manager in publishing field trip charges in class schedules.