In light of COVID-19 health directive clarifications now provided by the Mecklenburg County Public Health Department -- and adhering to our stringent pandemic safety protocols -- Central Piedmont will move some career and technical education classes back to on-campus, in-person delivery as of January 14. Check your student email for details.
Class sections that began the semester as online or hybrid will continue online until Feb. 2, at which time the college will provide further guidance. Students with questions about the mode of their classes – online or on-campus – should contact their instructors directly and check Blackboard.
Field Trip Request
Once the Field Trip Request (PDF) has been completed (all signatures supplied), please submit the form accompanied by the class roster to the Enterprise Risk Management office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the following regarding the college's field trips policy.
College Field Trips Policy and Procedures
The College may sponsor field trips to enrich the learning experiences of students. Such experiences should be provided as economically as possible, while maintaining fiscal accountability. Students may be charged fees to cover costs of field trips sponsored by the College, provided students are informed at the time of registration of any field trip fees required for participation in a course.
Field trips are permissible when they are designed to enrich the learning experiences of students. A member of the College faculty or staff, designated as the coordinator of the trip, must accompany the group making the trip. The coordinator and dean/manager, as well as Finance and Administrative Services, are responsible for facilitating the field trip for students.
A. Coordinator Responsibilities
- Secure permission from the agency in charge of the facilities to be visited.
- Estimate the costs of the field trip, develop a budget based on costs, estimate the number of participants, and determine the student charge rounded to the nearest dollar.
- Secure permission from the associate dean and group dean/manager, submitting a "Request for New Account Number" form, together with the revenue/expenditure budget.
- Complete arrangements for class and/or office coverage while on the field trip.
- Arrange with the group dean/manager for transportation and for authorization for the students to be absent (if necessary) from classes in order to make the trip. A list of participating students should be left with the associate dean and/or the group dean/manager.
- Complete a Field Trip Request form (PDF), retaining one copy and forwarding a copy to the associate dean and/or group dean/manager and to the director of risk management/business continuity.
- Advise students to pay charges to the Cashier's office.
- Orient students in advance concerning the objectives of the trip, hazards, or highlights.
- Submit invoices for costs to the Accounts Payable Department (email@example.com).
B. Dean/Manager Responsibilities
- If needed, review, revise, and approve the "Request for new account number" form, submitting the form to the Accounting and Reporting department.
- Ensure that students are informed of the approximate field trip charges at the time they enroll in the course through the publication of charges in the class schedule.
- Submit, through the appropriate unit vice president, to the president, a summary report for each semester that includes:
- Course name/number
- Field trip name/account number
- Budget/actual revenues and expenses
- Current surplus/deficit
- Future plans
C. Financial Services Responsibilities
- Accounting and Reporting: Establish an account for the field trip (if needed).
- Cashier's Office: Receive student payments for field trip charges.
- Accounts Payable: Pay invoices submitted by the coordinator of the trip.
- Business Office: Assist the dean/manager in publishing field trip charges in class schedules.