4.35 Voluntary Resignation of Full-Time Employment
A. Resignation Procedure for Full-Time Employees
1. An employee who wishes to voluntarily resign from full-time employment shall give the immediate administrator written notice specifying the effective date of resignation. The College prefers a two-week advance notice prior to resignation.
2. The last day actually worked shall be the official termination date.
3. Full-time employees may not use vacation leave, sick leave, bereavement leave, personal necessity leave, or any other type of leave to extend the official date of termination.
4. Full-time employees who resign shall not be paid for any scheduled holidays or necessity leave days unless their last day worked is after the holiday.
B. Separation Procedure for Full-Time Employees
When a full-time employee voluntarily resigns from employment with the College, the following steps will be taken:
1. The immediate administrator shall forward the written notice to the Unit Vice President with a copy to Human Resources.
2. Upon receipt of official notice of resignation or termination, Human Resources will forward information about the terminating employee to the Payroll/Budgets Department.
3. Before the effective date of the termination, the employee and their immediate supervisor will receive a Termination Check List Form from Human Resources. After completing each applicable item with the appropriate office, the terminating employee will return the form to Human Resources.
Changes approved by Cabinet on February 20, 2006; November 13, 2017