Making a Good First Impression
You probably have heard the phrase, “you only get one chance to make a good first impression”, and it is often true in the workplace! Think of your Co-op as a way to practice making a good impression on a potential future employer.
During the Co-op, you are an ambassador of CPCC, and you will want to represent yourself and the school in the best possible way. Some tips to remember include:
- Acting professional at all times
- Dressing appropriately for the worksite
- Reporting to the internship based upon the agreed schedule
- If running late or calling off due to illness, contacting your supervisor ASAP
- Treating other employees and interns at the site with respect
- Completing assignments in a timely manner; if unsure, ask about due dates
- Advising your supervisor about Co-op requirements & submitting paperwork according to the Co-op Calendar in the front of your workbook.
- Asking questions about unclear assignments
- Offering to do additional work or projects if other work is complete
- Not engaging in office gossip
- Learning the culture of the company or office
- Most importantly, doing your best work!