Supplemental Grant Aid Instructions and Application
TRiO-Student Support Services Grant Aid Award Instructions and Application
The purpose of the Supplemental Grant Aid award is to help reduce your unmet financial need in order to help you stay in school and graduate. Applicants will be evaluated using a point system, 50 possible points for questions 1-8 and possible 50 points for your essay and recommendation letter.
1. You must be in at least your second semester of TRiO- Student Support Services membership.
2. You must be currently receiving Pell Grant – attach your award letter for the current semester along with documentation of the amount of Student Loan(s), Work Study amount, scholarships and any other financial assistance for college. Documentation verified by the financial aid office.
3. You have a cumulative and semester GPA of 2.5 or higher- attach an unofficial copy of your CPCC transcript.
4. You have attended at least three TRiO-Student Support Services sponsored workshops, seminars, club meetings.
5. You have attended tutoring, advising, mentoring, midterm evaluation or recommended TRiO-Student Support Services activities on a regular basis.
6. You are involved in with TRiO-Student Support Services Association or another campus based organization- provide documentation signed by the organization advisor.
7. Verification of registration for summer or fall 2014.
8. When is your anticipated graduation date?
9. You must complete typed essay minimum one page double spaced, maximum two pages.
10. Choose 1 of the suggested topics:
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- Describe an activity or cause about which you are passionate.
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
Your essay will be evaluated on style, grammar, punctuation, creativity and relevance to your topic. Please remember to proof read your essay.
11. One letter of recommendation (may not be from a TRiO-Student Support Services Staff member or a family member)