Supplemental Grant Aid Application
This coming term we will be accepting applications for TRiO-SSS Supplemental Grant Aid from current active TRiO members, who are receiving the Federal Pell Grant. The purpose of Supplemental Grant Aid is to help reduce your unmet financial needs.
CRITERIA – you are eligible to apply for the grant aid, if you meet the criteria listed below:
- Have no F’s or W’s on your current term grade transcript
- Are registered for 12 or more credit hours (Full-Time) for the upcoming term
- Have earned less than 64 credits as of the end of the current term
- Have been a member of TRiO-SSS for more than one semester
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have participated in two (2) college success workshops, and one (1) financial literacy workshop -- total of 3 for the term. If you elect to take an online workshop, you must go to the Financial Literacy or the Informational workshops tabs here on our website to watch the presentation and take the quiz.
- Submit a personal essay of 350 – 500 words. The essay must be typed or it will not be accepted.
Suggestions on how to write your essay:
- First, tell about your educational goals and future plans.
- Discuss what you have done so far to reach those goals.
- Discuss what you have to do to reach your goals and what challenges you still have. This is usually a good place to address the financial reasons you have for applying for the scholarship.
Due to limited USDE (U.S. Dept. of Education) funding, there are no guarantees students will receive an award. Deadline to apply is 4:30 PM, Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
Click here for Grant Aid Application -- Note: The form is set up so that information can be typed directly into the appropriate areas.
You may *E-mail your application and essay to TRIOSSS@cpcc.edu or, drop them by the TRiO office at CH-117, along with the other items listed in the application form. Please call 704.330.6394, if you have any questions.