How to File a Title IX Complaint
If you experience sexual discrimination, harassment, or violence, you have rights and you have options. Title IX and CPCC’s resources exist to help you get the support you need. Whether you are a student, faculty member, staff member, or guest, you have the right to file a complaint through the college and/or explore other options.
Any person (student, faculty, staff, or guest) who believes discriminatory practices have been engaged in based upon gender may discuss these concerns and file informal or formal complaints of possible violations of Title IX (in the case of emergencies please call 704-330-6911):
- College Security Services is located on all campuses and is available by phone at 6911. College Security Services Officers are available 24/7. A copy of the Annual Security Report can be found here.
- Student Conduct and Civility is located in Overcash Center, Room 214 and is available by phone at 704-330-6819. The office is staffed from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Central Piedmont Community College’s Title IX Coordinator is Leon Matthews, whose office is located in the Hall Building, Room 218, on Central Campus. This office may be contacted from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday by phone at 704-330-6524 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Margaret Smith, the Title Administrator, in the same office or by email at email@example.com.
- . You will need to print this form and submit it to the Title IX office (address and email information above). You may also mail it to CPCC, PO Box 35009, Charlotte, NC 28235, ATTN:Title IX office.
- The Office of Human Resources is located in the Pitts Building and is available by phone at 704-330-6631. The office is staffed from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Counseling Services is located on all campuses and is available by phone at 704-330-6433. The Centers are staffed from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Click here for the list of community resources.
Notice of Nondiscrimination:
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX may be referred to Central Piedmont Community College’s Title IX Coordinator or to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Central Piedmont Community College’s Title IX Coordinator is Leon Matthews, whose office is in the Hall Building, Room 218. This office can be contacted by phone at 704-330-6524 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.