- Major sponsor for TGF2005 was Apple Computer, Inc.
- Keynote speaker, Dr. Barry Adams, presented to a full auditorium or over 130 attendees on “The Millennial Generation in the Learning College”
- Corporate contributors included Apple Computer, Alltel, authorGEN, Scott Clarks Toyota, Macromedia, Contagious Graphics, Blackboard, EB Games, Gamestop, Vitality Computers, Muzak and others.
- Introduced TGF2005 “Geek Is Chic.” tee-shirts. Demand exceeded inventory.
- Media coverage was provided by CPCC Media Services, The Charlotte Observer, Carolina News 14, WCNC-TV and others.
- CPCC employees received many hours of professional development credit for attending training sessions, demonstrations and lectures.
- The event generated thousands of dollars in contributions to the college.