Schedule CLEP® Exam
Register for a CLEP® Exam
Students will need to register to take their exam(s) through the My Account Portal on the CLEP® website. After creating your account, you will need to schedule your appointment with the Testing Center.
- Visit the College Board's website at collegeboard.com/clep to see if CLEP® is right for you.
- Contact your school for a copy of their CLEP® policy. This will determine the specific exams your school will accept, scoring information, etc. It is each student's responsibility to understand their school's CLEP® policy.
- Create your CLEP® account through the My Account Portal.
- Select the CLEP exam you would like to take and pay the $80 CLEP® fee. Double-check for accuracy!!
- Check the Testing Center's available test dates and schedule your CLEP® exam with the Testing Center here.
Here is a helpful video on the CLEP Exam Registration Process or download My Account Instructions
On the Day of your Appointment
- Bring your payment voucher to the test appointment. Do not lose it.
- Bring your $20 non-refundable test administration fee made payable to CPCC (cash, credit card, check, or money order). Please visit the Testing Center prior to paying the fee.
- Bring your valid photo ID (ID must contain your photo).
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Current drivers license
- Current state or federal ID card
- Current passport
- Tribal ID card
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Cancel an Appointment
Contact the Testing Center at least 24 hours ahead of time by calling 704.330.6886 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that you arrive on time for your testing your appointment. Late arrivals may need to reschedule. Plan to arrive early.
Please submit only one appointment per date/time. The available dates are listed on the appointment form. If the exam dates are not available, please visit collegeboard.com/clep for a list of alternate testing sites.
New CLEP® dates are normally added at the beginning of each month.
CLEP® Retake Policy
Please note that the College Board has a 90 day waiting period to retake an exam. If you repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial testing date, your test administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled, and any test fees will be forfeited.
Once submitted, print appointment information for your records. This is your confirmation.