We are no longer accepting applications.
Get involved during Fall 2013 with Emerging Leaders.
Are you interested in leading social change?
Learn how to create change through everyday acts of leadership.
Change is a dynamic constant in people's lives. Heraclitus wrote, "Nothing endures but change." Change comes at us all the time. It is the intersection of the way things are with the way they will be. Leadership for social change is the opportunity people have to direct change toward a future we desire. (Leadership for a Better World, 2009).
What future do you desire? This non-credit leadership program is an introduction to the Social Change Model of Leadership Development and is intended to educate, empower, and engage students in creating change on campus and within the community.
Spread the word! Click here to print a flyer.
IGNITE: Spring 2013
- January 31 - April 11, 2013
- Location: Central Campus, Room TBD
- Meeting Time: Thursdays from 3:00 - 4:30 pm
Requirements and Expectations:
- Completed application and personal recommendation (see below).
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA or higher.
- Enrolled in at least six (6) college credits.
- In good standing with the College and not on probation for violation of any College policies or the Student Code of Conduct.
- You will need to complete four (4) hours of community service with a local organization.
- Expect to actively participate in classroom discussions and group activities, including a presentation.
- All classes will be held on Central Campus, but students from area campuses are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: January 18, 2013
Clickto complete an online application. Please read the application instructions carefully and be detailed in your responses. All applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on January 18.
In addition, you must submit a . You may choose anyone who interacts with you on a regular basis (family member, friend/peer, or instructor), and who knows about your interest in leadership and making a difference. Personal recommendation forms can be submitted to any Student Life Office by 5:00 pm on January 18.