Are you interested in leading social change?
Learn how to create change through everyday acts of leadership.
Change is a dynamic constant in people's lives. Heraclitus wrote, "Nothing endures but change." Change comes at us all the time. It is the intersection of the way things are with the way they will be. Leadership for social change is the opportunity people have to direct change toward a future we desire. (Leadership for a Better World, 2009).
What future do you desire? This non-credit leadership program is an introduction to the Social Change Model of Leadership Development and is intended to educate, empower, and engage students in creating change on campus and within the community.
IGNITE: Spring 2015
- Dates: TBD
- Location: Central Campus, Room TBD
- Meeting Time: TBD
Requirements and Expectations:
- Completed application.
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA or higher.
- Enrolled in at least six (6) college credits.
- In good standing with the College and not on probation for violation of any College policies or the Student Code of Conduct.
- You will need to complete 3.5 hours of community service with a local organization.
- Expect to actively participate in classroom discussions and group activities, including a presentation on a social issue.
- All classes will be held on Central Campus, but students from area campuses are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: TBD
Clickto complete an online application. For a PDF version, click . Please read the application instructions carefully and be detailed in your responses. All applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm.
If you have any questions about the program or application process, please contact Krystal Crowe (Student Life) at 704-330-4422.
Take Action. Strike the Match. Be Extraordinary.