The Emerging Leaders program is designed for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals of effective leadership. Participants are not required to currently hold a leadership position, but should have the desire to develop knowledge and skills related to leadership. Students will explore their personal leadership style and strengths, and develop skills to work effectively with others.
For the 2014-2015 year, Emerging Leaders is undergoing some programmatic changes. This group will consist solely of the Ruth G. Shaw Scholars, who have already been selected. We anticipate future growth in this program. Please contact Student Life for recent information about this program and other leadership training opportunities for students.
Benefits of participating in Emerging Leaders:
- Free self-assessments on strengths and talents
- Professional and personal leadership portfolios
- Leadership mentoring
- Opportunities to network with College, community, and business leaders
- Leadership transcript and certification of program completion
- Enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (if a returning student)
- In good standing with the College and not on probation for violation of the Student Code of Conduct
- Complete and return an application
- Complete an interview with an SLA Facilitator (to be arranged after you submit your application)