Emerging Leaders will resume during Fall 2013. Please visit the IGN1TE page
to learn more about the spring session of Student Leadership Academy.
The Emerging Leaders program is designed for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals of effective leadership. Participants are not required to currently hold a leadership position, but should have the desire to develop knowledge and skills related to leadership. Students will explore their personal leadership style and strengths, and develop skills to work effectively with others.
Complete program information can also be found in our program brochure.
Benefits of participating in Emerging Leaders:
- Free self-assessments on strengths and talents
- Professional and personal leadership portfolios
- Leadership mentoring
- Opportunities to network with College, community, and business leaders
- Leadership transcript and certification of program completion
Emerging Leaders 2012
- September - December 2012
- Location: Central Campus
- Meeting Time: Thursdays from 3:00 - 4:30 PM
- Enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (if a returning student)
- In good standing with the College and not on probation for violation of the Student Code of Conduct
- Complete and return an application
- Complete an interview with an SLA Facilitator (to be arranged after you submit your application)