Ruth Shaw Scholars
Dr. Ruth Shaw, Central Piedmont Community College's (CPCC) second college president, made a recent gift to create the Ruth G. Shaw Women’s Leadership Program in partnership with the CPCC Foundation and Student Life. This unique student program aims to:
- Connect women students to one another and to a supportive network of community mentors.
- Inspire women students to assume positions of leadership and to celebrate their individual and collective achievements.
- Nurture female student leaders by encouraging and demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and problem-solving strategies.
- Foster a deeper awareness of the many roles women play and their contributions to society.
The program is limited to 10 female students who will participate in sessions, both with RGS mentors and separately with scholars. Through monthly luncheons and guided conversations with community mentors, the Ruth G. Shaw Women’s Leadership Program offers:
- Interaction with college leaders, faculty, staff and alumnae.
- Personal and professional skill development.
- Hands-on leadership development.
- Recognition of achievement. As a culminating event and in collaboration with faculty, staff and mentors, participants will plan and execute an annual spring symposium for the community