Student Life offers a variety of opportunities to help support a student's interest in discovering and enhancing their own leadership skills.
Students at CPCC can learn and practice student leadership in a variety of ways:
- Leadership workshops and programs
- Student Organizations
- Student Leadership Conference
- Forums with campus & College leaders
- Specialized campus programs
Ruth G. Shaw Scholars
Dr. Ruth G. Shaw, CPCC's second College President, remains a loyal supporter of CPCC students and has begun the Ruth G. Shaw Scholars program at CPCC. This is a selective program, limited to 10 female CPCC students, who will receive a $1,000 scholarship and spend an entire academic year in workshops with other students and with community Ruth G. Shaw mentors. The program aims to:
- Connect women to one another and to a supportive network of faculty, staff and community mentors.
- Inspire women to assume positions of leadership and to celebrate their individual and collective achievements.
- Nurture female leaders by encouraging and demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and problem-solving strategies
- Foster a deeper awareness of the many roles women play and their contributions to society.
Students are selected during the Spring term for the following academic year.
Applications for this program are available now!
The RISE (Resources Inspiring Student Excellence) Leadership Lunch series offers insightful presentations about success through the educational journey. The meetings are held at the Cato, Central, and Levine campuses once per month, for female CPCC students. Lunch is provided to all participants during the meetings. Check out their website to learn more!
ONLINE STUDENT LEADERSHIP GUIDE
Can't participate in SLA or attend the leadership conference? Visit our online resource to learn more about leadership. Student Life has partnered with CPCC Library Services to provide an online guide for students to access library materials and external resources related to leadership, including books, videos and websites.