Establishing a New Student Organization
ESTABLISHING A NEW STUDENT ORGANIZATION
Congratulations on taking the first step toward making your college experience even more rewarding by initiating a new student organization at Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC). Please follow the steps below to start a student organization.
- Submit an Application for New Student Organization Recognition. Student Life staff will review and be in touch with you regarding next steps. Prior to completing the following steps, please read the Student Organization EXPLORE Handbook for more detailed information regarding new student organizations.
- Secure ten charter members who are currently enrolled curriculum students at CPCC (see New Student Organization Charter Roster in Step 3), and at least one (1) full time faculty or staff advisor. Advisors must complete an Advisor Agreement. (Found below in step 3.)
- Submit the following student organization documents to in Student Life:
- A constitution and by-laws for your proposed student organization (sample constitution).
- A New Student Organization Charter Roster with names, student ID numbers and signatures of 10 charter members attached.
- Advisor Agreement
- Once the above steps have been completed and all documents have been submitted, the Student Government Association (SGA) will schedule a time for you to present your new student organization proposal. The SGA meets once a month to review new student organization requests and will schedule those presentations on an as needed basis. Typically, these meetings are the second Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Attendance is mandatory and will be confirmed and scheduled with the SGA Public Information Officer. Student Life staff will be in touch with you about the date of your presentation and review once your application is received.
- After receiving approval from the SGA, your organization is required to attend student organization and advisor training. Upcoming sessions will be posted on the student life calendar.