STARS Learning Community
Join the IT STARS Learning Community
Learning new programming and technical concepts can be a challenge at times. Have you taken CIS 115 or CSC 143 and do you plan to take CSC 120? If so, join our IT STARS Learning Community to build a network of support among students with similar educational and career goals! Learning communities are two or more courses that students take as a group at the same time.The intent is to build a community of learners who support each other in a supportive learning environment.In addition, students make a connection to their instructors, who collaborate their course content and track student progress.
Join the IT STARS Learning community to:
- Prepare to TRANSFER into a 4-year IT program Computing program
- Become involved in an ongoing community project
- Design and implement your own IT project
- Enhance your leadership, teamwork, and technical skills
Spring 2013 Learning Community Courses
Computing Fundamentals I () and Managing a Team (ACA121-90)
- CSC120-01 includes a grade-related service-learning component. Students will fulfill that requirement by completing 20 hours of service with STARS projects.
- ACA121-90 is a one hour, 1st short session course.
How to register: Special permission is required. Submit a signed contract to Elvira.Johnson@cpcc.edu.
Contact: Jean.Schoenheit@cpcc.edu (704-330-6516) with questions.