Eligibility & Participation
Basic information about Club Soccer at CPCC
- Eligibility - You must be at least 18 years of age, a currently registered CPCC curriculum student, be in good physical condition, and commit to attending all matches.
- Steps to Participation -
1) Complete an online CPCC player information waiver/release form.
2) Attend the organizational meeting(s) at the beginning of the term.
3) Enroll in the Student Accident Insurance program ($1.60).
With three or more credit hours, you may also enroll in the Medical Hospitalization Group Plan.
4) The FINAL STEP is to complete the required form for the respective league(s) in which the club will compete.
- The Competition - CPCC Soccer's intramural coed Futsal league forms the pool from which all club teams are formed. Each term, the club will enters a team in Revolution Soccer's 7v7 Men's Thursday night league. Kick-offs are 7-10PM Thursdays.
- Training/Practices - Training for the Men's 7v7 team consist of participation in the futsal league plus a 1-2 hour training session at Independence Park, located adjacent to the Central Campus, directly across from Memorial Stadium. Training days, hours, and start date may vary from one term to the next, but will be between 8-10PM on a weeknight.
- Uniforms/Equipment - Approximately 25 jerseys are owned by the club and assigned to players each season. Additional players will be asked to contribute a $25 uniform fee which goes to the purhase of additional jerseys. All players supply their own SHIN GUARDS and boots.
- Sign-ups - The sign-up process is repeated with the start of each semester for all club members/players. Each new and returning player is required to: 1) Complete a CPCC Player information form, 2) Enroll in the Student Accident Insurance Program, and 3) Register and sign the applicable league waiver.
Female Players - Our intramural futsal league rules require at least one female on the field at all times.
Values and Objectives
CPCC Club soccer provides the opportunity for members of the college community to nurture their love of the game while improving playing skills and fitness level in an environment of friendly competition. Values promoted through participation include:
(see FIFA's code of "Fair Play")
- Leadership Development
- On-time attendance at all practices and games
- Sportsmanlike behavior at all practices and games
Conduct in all settings befitting a CPCC student representing the club, the College, and the game of soccer.
Consistent attendance is foundation for accomplishing individual and team goals. Inconsistent attendance on the part of a single player retards team development, and the realization of the club's values and objectives.
If a player is unable to attend practice for any reason, they are expected to contact the Coach before practice.
Players arriving late may be required to complete missed conditioning activities before joining in the skills portion of the training session.