Start your Service-Learning here!
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
In order to complete any of our on-line forms, you must download Adobe Acrobat 7.0. If you do not have this version of Adobe Acrobat, please click on the following link to install this program.
Step 1: Make your agency selection
After carefully reviewing the Community Partner list pre-approved by the Service-Learning Center, choose an organization that fits both your interests and your course objectives.
- Make sure you must first get approval from your instructor .
- Contact the organization to inquire about service opportunities
- Helpful Hints: state your name and that you are a CPCC Service-Learning student. Tell them the hours you need to finish and have your schedule ready to plan your service.
- Sites may fill up quickly so contact the organization as soon as possible.
Step 2: Fill out your Confirmation Placement Form
- Complete the Confirmation Placement form and print it out.
- IMPORTANT: Turn the completed confirmation placement form in to your instructor before you start your service.
Step 3: Print out your Time Sheet and Agency Contact Log
- You are now ready to start your service.
Step 4: Complete required service hours and classroom reflection activities
- Record your time in and time out on your Timesheet. This must be initialed by your site supervisor each time you serve at the organization.
Step 5: Complete your Evaluation
- THIS EVALUATION IS REQUIRED.
Please note: you must click the submit button for the evaluation to be recorded.
Step 6: Print out the Evaluation confirmation page
- Click on the link and fill out the Evaluation confirmation page.
- Print this page and turn it into your instructor. Remember to do this before you hit the submit button!
Step 7: Turn in your Completed Time Sheet, Agency Contact Log and the Evaluation Confirmation Page to your instructor
Remember students are expected to:
- Be prompt, willing, respectful and positive at your placement site.
- Arrange hours with placement sites at the beginning of the semester (or as directed by the instructor).
- Fulfill all agreed upon duties and responsibilities at the community site.
- Provide feedback about the service experience and its relevancy to the course material, participate in course discussions.
- Be open to learning about cultures and lifestyles that are different than your own.
- Speak with your supervisor if uncomfortable or uncertain about what you are to do.
- Respect the confidentiality of the people served.
- Participate in an evaluation process.
- Remember, you are representing CPCC
- Reflect on your experience with an activity guided by your instructor.