Start your Service-Learning here!
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
In order to complete any of our on-line forms, you must download Adobe Acrobat 7.0. If you do not have this version of Adobe Acrobat, please click on the following link to install this program.
Video of Service-Learning orientation online:
Step 1: Make your agency selection
After carefully reviewing the Community Partner list pre-approved by the Service-Learning Center, choose an organization that fits both your interests and your course objectives.
- Make sure you must first get approval from your instructor .
- Contact the organization to inquire about service opportunities
- Helpful Hints: state your name and that you are a CPCC Service-Learning student. Tell them the hours you need to finish and have your schedule ready to plan your service.
- Sites may fill up quickly so contact the organization as soon as possible.
Step 2: Fill out your Confirmation Placement Form
- Complete the Confirmation Placement form and print it out.
- IMPORTANT: Turn the completed confirmation placement form in to your instructor before you start your service.
Step 3: Print out your Time Sheet and the Student Evaluation for Service-Learning
- You are now ready to start your service.
Step 4: Complete required service hours and classroom reflection activities
- Record your time in and time out on your Timesheet. This must be initialed by your site supervisor each time you serve at the organization.
Step 5: Complete your Evaluation
- THIS EVALUATION IS REQUIRED.
Please note: you must click the submit button for the evaluation to be recorded.
Step 6: Print out the Evaluation confirmation page
- Click on the link and fill out the Evaluation confirmation page.
- Print this page and turn it into your instructor. Remember to do this before you hit the submit button!
Step 7: Turn in your Completed Time Sheet, the Student Evaluation for Service-Learning and the Evaluation Confirmation Page to your instructor
Remember students are expected to:
- Be prompt, willing, respectful and positive at your placement site.
- Arrange hours with placement sites at the beginning of the semester (or as directed by the instructor).
- Fulfill all agreed upon duties and responsibilities at the community site.
- Provide feedback about the service experience and its relevancy to the course material, participate in course discussions.
- Be open to learning about cultures and lifestyles that are different than your own.
- Speak with your supervisor if uncomfortable or uncertain about what you are to do.
- Respect the confidentiality of the people served.
- Participate in an evaluation process.
- Remember, you are representing CPCC
- Reflect on your experience with an activity guided by your instructor.