Tom Conroy is an experienced businessman and entrepreneur. Over 30 years in the corporate world for US, Canadian, Norwegian and Swedish companies he defined positions ranging from customer service to direct sales to sales management and corporate officer. Conroy combines this experience with his engineering background and MBA in his entrepreneurial activities operating a specialty chemical company and a business advisory practice helping companies reach their maximum profit potential.
As lead Small Business Counselor for the Institute for Entrepreneurship with the Small Business Center at Central Piedmont Community College Tom has coached and mentored hundreds of business owners. He is actively involved in community initiatives helping businesses get started and prosper such as: Charlotte Center City Partners City Market Business Incubators Working Group, Federal Reserve Bank, Minority and Women Owned Small Business Forum, Five Ventures® Business Competition.
- BS Environmental Engineering
- Kauffman Foundation Certified Trainer
- Getting to the CORE of Business Certified Trainer
- Accredited Associate, Institute for Independent Business
Primary Areas of Interest:
- Strategic planning
- Increasing profitability
- Business startup
- Business consulting
- Founder, President, tec Strategic Partner
- CEO, Chenango Ventures, Inc.
- Vice President, Kvaerner Hymac & Kvaerner Pulping
- CPCC Institute for Entrepreneurship
- tec Strategic Partner
- CPCC Institute for Entrepreneurship Advisory Committee