Detra Denay Davis
Detra Denay Davis - better known by her middle name, Denay – has nourished hungry folks from Michigan to North Carolina. A Navy Veteran, Denay started a catering business more than 30 years ago; relocated to Cary, NC in 2005 and started selling her divinely delicious pies at the Raleigh Farmers Market. Besides creating an online homebased baking website for bakers and cottage food operators in 2009 and teaching Profits from Your Kitchen for the Wake Lifelong Learning Program, the opportunity of a lifetime arose when in 2011 Denay was asked by Globe Pequot Press to write a book that introduced folks to home food processing (How to Start a Homebased Bakery Business). Today Denay owns and operates the Charlotte Pie Authority, a micro bakery selling handmade Artisan pies; and teaches the Soup to Nuts Strategy for Starting a Successful Food Business course at Central Piedmont Community College.
- Bachelor of Science Psychology
- Masters Distance Education
- Former Instructor of Profits from Your Kitchen: Starting a Homebased Bakery for the Wake Lifelong Learning Program, Wake Public Schools, Raleigh, North Carolina.
Primary Areas of Interest:
- Travel, antique shops, writing short stories, Southern history, cooking with exotic spices
- The eLearning Guild – Member 2014 - Present
- SBX 7901: Soup to Nuts Strategy for Starting a Successful Food Business