Thomas J. Hall Scholarship for Continuing Education Studies
at the Small Business Center
Purpose: To support the development of new and existing entrepreneurs who will contribute to business and economic development in Mecklenburg County.
Number of awards available: 5
Award Amount: $ 200
Application Status: Open and accepting applications for funds to be applied as a partial scholarship for the fall 2014 Working the Business Model Canvas (SBX 8144) course offering.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2014
Fall 2014 scholarship award is specifically for individuals pursuing continuing education in Entrepreneurial studies at Central Piedmont Community College’s Small Business Center. The five scholarships to be awarded will be for individuals seeking to enroll in, "Working the Business Model Canvas: A Blueprint for Success" course scheduled to run October 6 - November 15, 2014.
- Individuals with a strong desire to own and operate their own business
- Resident of Mecklenburg County
- Prior attendance of a small business seminar and/or a one-on-one business counseling session
- Completion of Scholarship Application including all applicable signatures and an attached written statement responding to one of the following questions:
- What drives you to be an entrepreneur, and what business venture do you aspire to launch? How will this impact the local community?
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart and will lead to your success as an entrepreneur.
- Ability to fund the balance of the course tuition for Working the Business Model Canvas (SBX 8144) course.
Scholarship applications must be received by August 30, 2014 to be eligible. Awarded funds applicable to fall 2014 Small Business Center Working the Business Model Canvas (SBX-8144) course offering.
Download the Application
Mail to: CPCC Small Business Center
Attn: Renee Hode
PO Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009