Thomas J. Hall Scholarship for Continuing Education Studies
at the Small Business Center
Purpose: To support the development of new and existing entrepreneurs who will contribute to business and economic development in Mecklenburg County.
Number of awards available: 4
Award Amount: $ 200
Application Status: Open and accepting applications for funds to be applied to any Small Business Center, SBX, offering.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2015
Spring 2015 scholarship award is specifically for individuals pursuing continuing education in Entrepreneurial studies at Central Piedmont Community College’s Small Business Center. The eight scholarships to be awarded must be used during the spring 2015 semester on courses with an SBX prefix.
- Individuals with a strong desire to own and operate their own business
- Resident of Mecklenburg County
- Prior attendance of a small business seminar and/or a one-on-one business counseling session
- Completion of Scholarship Application including all applicable signatures and an attached written statement responding to one of the following questions:
- What drives you to be an entrepreneur, and what business venture do you aspire to launch? How will this impact the local community?
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart and will lead to your success as an entrepreneur.
Scholarship applications must be received by March 20, 2015 to be eligible. Awarded funds applicable to spring 2015 SBX course offering.
Download the Application
Mail to: CPCC Small Business Center
Attn: Renee Hode
PO Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009