Thomas J. Hall Scholarship for Continuing Education Studies
at the Small Business Center
Purpose: To support the development of new and existing entrepreneurs who will contribute to business and economic development in Mecklenburg County.
Number of awards available: 15
Award Amount: $ 200
Application Status: Open and accepting applications for funds to be applied to any Small Business Center, SBX, offering held during the Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 semesters.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2016
Scholarship award is specifically for individuals pursuing continuing education in Entrepreneurial studies at Central Piedmont Community College’s Small Business Center. The fifteen scholarships to be awarded must be used during the fall 2016 or spring 2017 semester and fully expended by May 31, 2017. Funds can only be applied to courses with an SBX prefix offered by the Small Business Center.
- Individuals with a strong desire to own and operate their own business
- Resident of Mecklenburg County
- Prior attendance of a small business seminar and/or a one-on-one business counseling session
- Completion of Scholarship Application including all applicable signatures and an attached written statement responding to one of the following questions:
- What drives you to be an entrepreneur, and what business venture do you aspire to launch? How will this impact the local community?
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart and will lead to your success as an entrepreneur.
Scholarship applications must be received by August 31, 2016 to be eligible. Awarded funds applicable to fall 2016 or spring 2017 SBX course offering(s).
For those that may wish to complete and submit a paper application by mail please download and mail to:
CPCC Small Business Center, Attn: Renee Hode, PO Box 35009, Charlotte, NC 28235-5009