State Mandated Training
CPCC offers online North Carolina State Mandated courses.The online state mandated courses will begin May 1, 2013. Registration for classes will be taken by calling 704.330.4223. Please call to register at least three days before the start date of the class.
Several State Mandated classes will also be offered in the traditional classroom setting. See the December dates below.
Certificates will be scanned to students upon successful completion of the course using the e-mail address provided to Customer Service.
- Students must have a CPCC Login. (Click here to learn how to obtain your login.) If you need assistance in obtaining your login, please contact CPCC's IT department at 704-330-5000.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please contact the CPCC Help Desk at 704-330-5000 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 On-Line Mandated In-Service Training Class Instructions
1. Registration for classes must be completed no later than three (3) days prior to the start date of the class.
3. All correspondence will be sent through CPCC email only. Please check on a regular basis.
Course Completion Requirements
1. Students will have 30 days to complete the course from the date the course begins.
2. Each course will end at 11:55 p.m. on the last day of the class.
3. Students MUST complete the Pre-Assessment on the first day you begin the class.
4. Students are expected to read the course lesson plan in its entirety.
5. Students are required to read the related scenarios and post their responses to the Discussion Board in Blackboard.
6. Each Discussion is worth 10 points and will consist of an original response by each student and the response to a minimum of two (2) other students' original responses.
7. The original response MUST be a minimum of 30 words.
8. The two (2) responses to other students MUST be a minimum of 20 words.
9. Both the original response and the feedback responses MUST be well-thought and developed, encouraging discussion between other students.
10. Students will complete a fnal exam and MUST successfully pass with a minimum score of 70 points.
11. Students must complete ALL assignments for each course before advancing to the next course topic.
12. Final grades will be posted in Blackboard Grade Book within five days after you complete the course.
13. Certificates of completion will be emailed to your CPCC address.
14. STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE BOTH DISCUSSION SCENARIOS, PROVIDE TWO RELATED RESPONSES AND PASS THE FINAL EXAM WITH A MINIMUM OF 70 POINTS IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE COURSE. STUDENTS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM TOTAL POINTS LISTED BELOW FOR EACH AREA TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE COURSE:
Course Evaluation and Grading:
Scenario I 10 Points
Scenario II 10 Points
Response Posting 10 Points
Response Posting 10 Points
Final Examination 70 Points
Minimum Total Points 110 Points
* Final Grades
Passing: 110 Points
Failing: 109 or Less
August 5, 2013 - September 5, 2013 (Fall Registration Begins July 8)
PSX 7952-06 Domestic Violence: Children are Watching
PSX 7952-07 Legal Update
PSX 7952-08 Responding to Individuals with Mental Illness
PSX 7952-09 Hazardous Materials
PSX 7950-02 JMST
October 7, 2013 - November 7, 2013 (Fall Registration Begins July 8)
PSX 7952-11 Domestic Violence: Children are Watching
PSX 7952-12 Legal Update
PSX 7952-13 Responding to Individuals with Mental Illness
PSX 7952-14 Hazardous Materials
PSX 7950-03 JMST
November 18, 2013 - December 7, 2013 (Fall Registration Begins July 8)
PSX 7952-16 Domestic Violence: Children are Watching
PSX 7952-17 Legal Update
PSX 7952-18 Responding to Individuals with Mental Illness
PSX 7952-19 Hazardous Materials
PSX 7950-07 JMST - Do Not Press Send
Instructor: Sergeant Stan Moore
December 17, 2013, Merancas Campus CJ 138
Officer Readiness: Below 100 Training (PSX 7952-21), 0800-1200
Legal Update (PSX 7952-22), 1300-1700
December 18, 2013, Merancas Campus CJ 138
Operating in Low-Light Conditions (PSX 7952-23), 0800-1000
Domestic Violence: The Children are Watching (PSX 7952-24),
JMST: Don't Press Send (PSX 7950-05), 1300-1500
Bloodborne Pathogens (PSX 7952-26), 1500-1700
December 19, 2013, Merancas Campus CJ 138
Responding to Individuals with Mental Illness (PSX 7952-27),
LE Intelligence Update (PSX 7952-28), 1300-1700