The Criminal Justice Technology curriculum is designed to provide knowledge of criminal justice systems and operations. Study will focus on local, state and federal law enforcement, judicial processes, corrections and security services. To learn more about possible career opportunities and median salaries for graduates in the criminal justice field, from the the college's website and or visit the College's Career Services site for more information on employment in the criminal justice field.
During program classes, the criminal justice system’s role within society will be explored. Emphasis is on criminal justice systems, criminology, juvenile justice, criminal and constitutional law, investigative principles, ethics and community relations. Additional study may include issues and concepts of government, counseling, communications, computers and technology.
Degree and Certificates Awarded
The College currently offers an Associate in Applied Science Degree - Criminal Justice. as well as the following certificates. Click here to learn more.
- Essentials of the Criminal Justice System
- Criminal Justice Management and Administration
- Essential Police Operations
- Courts and the Law
- Criminal Justice and Special Populations
- Crime Scene and Criminal Investigations
- Basics Of Criminal Justice (Career and College Promise)
- Homeland Security
- Specialization in Crime Causation
- A Specialized UNCC Criminal Justice Transfer certificate
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Some courses require placement tests prior to registration.
- Many courses have prerequisites or co-requisites; check the CJ Course Description section for details.
For More Information
The Criminal Justice program is in the Public Safety Division located at Merancas Campus in Huntersville. For more information, call 704.330.4138 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or visit the Contact page. Program counselors can be reached by calling 704.330.4149..