1.7 Cardholder Record Keeping Responsibilities
- Whenever a P-Card transaction is made, keep all receipts and credit memos.
- Receipts and credit memos will be used to verify the purchases listed on the cardholder's monthly statement.
- When the purchase is made "over the counter," the cardholder will retain the invoice and "customer copy" of the itemized charge receipt (non-itemized register receipts are not acceptable).
- The cardholder is responsible for checking that the vendor lists the quantity, fully describes the item(s), and includes sales tax, and if applicable delivery and/or installation charges prior to the cardholder signing the slip.
- When goods are received after placing a telephone order, retain all shipping documentation.