1.6 Bidding Guidelines
- Please note when making a P-Card transaction you can't charge over $1000.00 for any ONE item. Over $1,000.00 per item is "equipment" and must go through Procurement Services.
- Bidding guidelines are specifically for non-state contract goods and services.
- Items on state contract are exempt from local bidding, since they have already been bid at the state level.
- Faxed quotes are acceptable for your records. Note: Quotes obtained by the cardholder are subject to review and acceptance by the Procurement Department, if required by guidelines.
- Dollar limit guidelines (including 7.25% sales tax and any freight and/or installation costs):
$0-$4,999–no quotes or bids required (Goods and Services)$5,000-$9,999–a minimum of three written or faxed quotes or formal bids are required (Goods and Services) (contact your Purchasing Assistant for assistance with quotes and bids). Approximate lead time 8-12 days$10,000-$24,999-MUST POST ON IPS; REQUIRES A formal bid by CPCC procurement (Goods and Services). Approximate lead time 17-28 days (minimum posting requirement 10 days.$25,000-up–The CPCC Procurement Department must send a request for bid to the State of North Carolina Purchasing Department. Will eventually be on E-procurement. Approximate lead time for this is 3-4 weeks
- Printing orders must have the approval of both the CPCC Marketing Department and Campus Printing before outside vendors are contacted.
- Competition must be sought and documented on contractual services and consultants above $5,000.00.