- Minor Equipment costs between $501 and $1,000 (per item), including tax and freight and having a minimum two-year life expectancy, may be considered minor equipment. Minor equipment is not tracked or reported on the college’s inventory; therefore, it is the owner’s responsibility to retain warranty and identification records in the event of damage, loss or theft. Option: Supply funds may be used for this category, under $1,000.00 if desired.
- Major equipment costs over $1,000 (per item), including tax and freight and has a two-year minimum life expectancy. It is assigned a CPCC inventory number. Items must be correctly identified in the line item description.
- Budget: The object code for minor equipment (#5510) will pull budget using the ABR rule from object code 5100. Budget transfers are not necessary if sufficient funds are available.
- Both minor or major equipment MUST be purchased using the requisition process. Items must be correctly identified in the line item description.
- Use of the P-card for equipment purchases is not allowed.
The breakdown is:
|$1.00 - $499.99||Supply funds|
|$500.00 - $999.99||Minor equipment funds or Supply Funds|
|$1,000.00 – UP||Major equipment funds (can't be purchased on P-card)|