Training and Learning Opportunities
Policy 4.29 II C – Professional Development
All employees will complete a minimum of 20 hours of job-related professional development training per year. The 20 hours may be a combination of internal official CPCC classes, supervisor-approved external activities as reported with the Performance Development Plan (PDP), and a maximum of 4 hours related to worksite wellness. Professional performance is directly related to physical health. Exemptions to training may be made in writing by an employee’s supervisor. The training year will coincide with the schedule for the annual PDP.
Worksite Wellness Guidelines
Employees attending a College sponsored Worksite Wellness event listed in LearnerWeb will receive one-hour credit per event. To receive Professional Development credit for physical health activities not listed in LearnerWeb, employees will submit each activity through LearnerWeb Outside Activity link. Each of the following activities qualifies for a one-time, one-hour credit per activity:
- Participating in a dance, exercise or fitness program
- Utilizing the College fitness center
- Attending a health or fitness lunch and learn
- Participating in a biking, running, walking or other athletic program
- Attending a health or wellness event
Professional Development (PD) activities have been divided into the following categories:
- Job-Related activities: PD credit will be assigned
- Worksite wellness: 4 hours PD credit will be assigned
- Conferences, presentations and workshops that are work related, or for scholarly activities: PD credit will be assigned by submitting an Outside Activity request through LearnerWeb.
- Personal Development activities: PD credit will NOT be assigned, but activities will be listed in each employee’s training history. PD credit for personal growth and development activities that potentially impact job performance may be granted at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Volunteer activities: PD credit will NOT be assigned, but volunteer activities will be listed in each employee’s training history.
For additional information regarding LearnerWeb, click the LearnerWeb tab.
To view scheduled training opportunities visit LearnerWeb and then click the Schedule link.