Return to Industry
The Learning Unit will fund a faculty development program to support faculty who want/need the opportunity to remain current with the skills and competencies required in the workplace. The Return-to-Industry program is expected to help faculty:
- Enhance his/her understanding of workforce demands, opportunities and needs
- Provide access to and application of state-of-the-art equipment/machinery with insight into current trends and technology
- Gain an up-to-date perspective on what skills students need in the current workplace
- Gain increased credibility with students and the community.
Return-to-Industry placements are limited to ten for spring 2013 and will be facilitated through Professional Development in cooperation with Program Chairs, Division Directors, and Deans. Placements will take place during the last two weeks in May. Upon completion of the experience, submission of required documentation, and approval of the program chair, the faculty member will receive a $500 stipend.
Return-to-Industry placements will be centralized through the Office of Professional Development, but faculty, program chairs, and division directors are encouraged to identify placement sites through their current contacts with industry or through their advisory councils.
Application Deadline is March 18, 2013
Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) and the cooperating employer agree to observe placement procedures and employment practices which conform to all federal, state, and local laws. Faculty members are employees of CPCC and as such are covered by Worker’s Compensation Liability Insurance according to state law. The following statements constitute the agreement on which participation in the Return-to-Industry (R-t-I) program at CPCC is based.
- Develop measurable learning outcomes in conjunction with the industry representative and CPCC Professional Development.
- Meet with industry representative to establish agreed upon work times and assignments.
- Complete any industry required orientation or pre-experience requirements in advance of the program.
- Keep Division Director and/or Program Chair informed and updated on progress.
- Meet CPCC requirements for participating in the R-t-I program, including:
- Providing curriculum enhancements
- Updating/training for program faculty
- Completing self-evaluation and documentation of achievement of learning outcomes.
Program Chair/Division Director Responsibilities:
- Monitor experience to ensure faculty member and industry benefit positively.
- Supervise curriculum enhancements and training of program faculty following the experience.
- Oversee the process from application to completion to ensure that timelines are met.
- Approve agreed upon deliverables.
- Identify an industry representative to assist the faculty member in developing outcomes for the experience.
- Provide for agreed upon faculty experiences, including a short-term project, equipment and/or technology training, workforce demands, etc.
- Notify CPCC of specific pre-placement requirements – i.e. safety certifications.
- Provide CPCC with feedback on the program.
- Adhere to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Assure a safe and healthy work environment.
CPCC Professional Development Responsibilities:
- Facilitate application and selection process for Return-to-Industry participants.
- Serve as the official placement entity for Return-to-Industry participants.
- Archive documentation of completion and evidence of outcome achievement.
- Conduct evaluations of the experience with participants and industry representatives.
By clicking on the following link and submitting the Return-to-Industry Application, I fully understand the responsibilities of all parties involved in this Return-to-Industry Agreement and shall strive to make this a successful professional development experience - Return-to-Industry Application*
*Note: When clicking on the link, you may be prompted to sign-in. Use your regular CPCC employee username with @cpcc.edu attached to the end, e.g. email@example.com and then your normal CPCC password.