Communities in Colleges
Communities in Colleges (CIC)
Communities in Colleges (CIC) is a student organization at Central Piedmont Community College comprised of former CMS Communities in Schools students. Students that participate in CIC will have an active advisor to oversee the group’s objectives. The advisor will serve as an advocate and mentor, as well as a community/college liaison.
The mission of the Communities In Colleges (CIC) Program is to provide former Communities In Schools (CIS) students and other interested students attending Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) the support they need to successfully transition to CPCC and holistically develop them to excel in college and in life.
CIC students will be very involved participants of the organization via the following activities:
- Conduct student buddy program (i.e. peer mentoring)
- Participate in local college tours
- Assist with high school tour visits to CPCC
- Visit current CIS schools to mentor high school students
- Cultivate camaraderie amongst group members through monthly luncheons
- “Transition within Transition” by assisting incoming students transition from high school to community college to a four-year school
- Participate in monthly workshops (i.e. leadership training, time management, effective communication, etc.)
- Join study groups
Scholarships are available for participating students. Email email@example.com for more information.
For more information about CIC contact Armah Shiancoe at 704.330.6897 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org