Credit by Exam
ATTENTION!!!! There is a cost associated with Credit by Exam. The fee will range from $100-$200. Please see paragraph below for specific credits and costs. Testing results are available within 24-48 business hours.
Credit by Exam is offered the week before classes begin in both Fall and Spring semesters for the classes listed below. Credit by exam is not offered during the Summer.
- OST131 Keyboarding - 2 credits - $150.00
- OST136 Word Processing - 3 credits - $200.00
- OST164 Text Editing Application (by request only) - 3 credits - $200.00
- ACC110 Ten-Key Skills (by request only) - 1 credit -$100.00
Credit by Exam Schedule
The credit by examination schedule is as follows:
|Fall 2016||Thursday, August 4, 2016||1:30 and 6:00 p.m.|
|Spring 2017||Thursday, January 5, 2017||1:30 and 6:00 p.m.|
|Fall 2017||Thursday, August 3, 2017||1:30 and 6:00 p.m.|
You can schedule to take the credit by examination at either time. Please keep in mind that OST 131 Keyboarding is a prerequisite to OST 136 Word Processing so you will not be able to take them both at the same time or date.
It is recommended that you secure a copy of the required textbooks for the course for review, as rules, procedures, and software functions have changed over the years.
In order for a student to take the Credit by Exam, he/she must:
- Have keyboarding experience
- Be a currently enrolled CPCC student
- Never taken the exam at CPCC before
- Not have attended more than two classes if register for the course before
- Students are eligible to take only one test per test date.
Keep in mind OST131 is a prerequisite for OST136 so you will not be able to take them both at the same time.
HOW TO SIGN UP?
Please send an email using your CPCC student email address to this address email@example.com with your name, student ID #, Course, time, and date you would like to take the exam.
All follow-up communication will be sent to your CPCC student email address.