Credit by Exam
ATTENTION!!!! There is a cost associated with Credit by Exam. The fee will range from $100-$200. Please see paragraph below for specific credits and costs. Testing results are available within 24-48 business hours.
Credit by Exam is offered the week before classes begin in both Fall and Spring semesters for the classes listed below. Credit by exam is not offered during the Summer.
- OST131 Keyboarding - 2 credits - $150.00
- OST136 Word Processing - 3 credits - $200.00
- OST164 Text Editing Application (by request only) - 3 credits - $200.00
- ACC110 Ten-Key Skills (by request only) - 1 credit -$100.00
Credit by Exam Schedule
The scheduled date and time for Spring 2015 testing is Tuesday, January 6th, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
The scheduled date and time for Fall 2015 is Thursday, August 6th, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
In order for a student to take the Credit by Exam, he/she must:
- Have keyboarding experience
- Be a currently enrolled CPCC student
- Never taken the exam at CPCC before
- Not have attended more than two classes if register for the course before
- Students are eligible to take only one test per test date.
Study guides for OST131 & OST136 can be found under question #12 on our FAQ website.
Keep in mind OST131 is a prerequisite for OST136 so you will not be able to take them both at the same time.
HOW TO SIGN UP?
Please send an email using your CPCC student email address to this address firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student ID #, Course, time, and date you would like to take the exam.
All follow-up communication will be sent to your CPCC student email address.