Credit by Exam
ATTENTION!!!! There is a cost associated with Credit by Exam. The fee will range from $100-$200. Please click the link below to view the policy.
Credit by Exam is offered the week before classes begin in both Fall and Spring semesters for the classes listed below. Credit by exam is not offered during the Summer.
- OST131 Keyboarding
- OST136 Word Processing
- OST164 Text Editing Application (by request only)
- ACC110 Ten-Key Skills (by request only).
Credit by Exam Fall 2014 Schedule
The tentatively scheduled date and time for Fall 2014 testing is Thursday, August 7th, 2014 at 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
In order for a student to take the Credit by Exam, he/she must:
- Have keyboarding experience
- Be a currently enrolled CPCC student
- Never taken the exam at CPCC before
- Not have attended more than two classes if register for the course before
- Students are eligible to take only one test per test date.
Study guides for OST131 & OST136 can be found under question #12 on our FAQ website.
Keep in mind OST131 is a prerequisite for OST136 so you will not be able to take them both at the same time.
HOW TO SIGN UP?
Please send an email using your CPCC student email address to this address firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student ID #, Course, time, and date you would like to take the exam.
All follow-up communication will be sent to your CPCC student email address.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to take credit by exam. Student must:
- have keyboarding experience
- be a currently registered CPCC student
- never have taken the exam at CPCC before
- not have attended more than two classes prior to the exam.