Nurse Aide Certificate
Nursing Assistant Certificate (C45480)
The Nursing Assistant curriculum prepares individuals to work under the supervision of licensed health care professionals in performing nursing care and services for persons of all ages.
Course work emphasizes growth and development throughout the life span, personal care, vital signs, communication, nutrition, medical asepsis, therapeutic activities, accident and fire safety, household environment and equipment management; family resources and services; and employment skills.
Graduates of this curriculum may be eligible to be listed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide registry as a Nursing Assistant I and the North Carolina Board of Nursing Registry as Nursing Assistant II. They may be employed in home health agencies, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, extended care facilities, and doctor’s offices.
Certificate Awarded - The Nursing Assistant Certificate is awarded by the College upon completion of the certificate requirements.
Here are the steps to becoming a Nursing Assistant Student:
Estimated Totals for NAS 101
In State Out of State
6 CreditHours $ 429.00 $1,581.00 Accident 1.60 1.60 Liability 8.70 8.70 Activity 23.50 23.50 CAPS 66.00 66.00 Technology 16.00 16.00 Lab Fee 68.00 68.00
Total: $ 612.80 $1,764.80
Required books $100
Drug Screening 50
Background Check 45
State Testing 101
Total Additional Fees: $596
In State $1,208.80 Out of State $2,360.80
- Students must have permission to register for NAS classes
- For NAS-101 students must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of class
- Permission will be granted based on required minimum placement test scores: Math - DMA scores of 7, Sentence Skills score of 86 or higher, and Reading score of 80 or higher OR Proof of completion of college credit [100+ level] MATH and ENG courses with a final grade of C or higher.
- E-Mail the Nursing Assistant Program Coordinator: Jennifer Boniface (email@example.com) when the Placement Test scores and/or the required MATH and ENG courses are posted to the CPCC student record. Make sure you include your CPCC student ID number in the e-mail.
- Department Permission to register is not a registration or seat assignment. Students must complete the registration process after receiving department permission to register.
- Here is a link to the Online Schedule Builder: http://schedule.cpcc.edu/myschedule/