The CPCC Phlebotomy program can be completed in one semester. It is offered in spring and fall. This program is patterned on requirements of the American Society of Clinical Pathology (www.ascp.org), enabling participants to sit for certifying examinations. This program is recognized by local employers.
It is strongly recommended that students take
Exploring Medical Language (HEA 7254)
PRIOR to taking Phlebotomy.
Exploring Medical Language is NOT a course prerequisite for Phlebotomy.
This course prepares the participant in the knowledge and skills to become a certified phlebotomist, a medical professional who collects blood from patients for various laboratory tests and procedures. The course consists of both a seven week classroom phase and, with successful completion, a seven week clinical experience. Students who complete both phases successfully are eligible to seek national certification. Phlebotomy training and certification enables individuals to seek employment in hospital labs, physician practices and private independent laboratories with full time or part time employment.
The cost of the Phlebotomy course is at least $250 not including books, immunizations, and other program requirements.
DEPARTMENTAL PERMISSION REQUIRED. COLLEGE PLACEMENT TEST REQUIRED. MUST HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED. IMMUNIZATIONS, PHYSICAL, DRUG SCREEN AND BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED. REQUIRED UNIFORM FOR CLINICAL AREA WILL BE DISCUSSED IN CLASS.
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of the class. Call Customer Service at 704.330.4223 to withdraw.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws on or after the first day through the 10% point of the class.
Tuition will be refunded 100% for any class canceled by the College.
- Placement Test
- Proof of high school completion (copy of diploma, GED, or transcript) on file with the college
- Required Immunizations
- Criminal Background Check - (Done during 1st week of class only)
- Urine Drug Screening - within 30 days prior to the first day of class
- Medical Physical within previous 6 months
- Tetanus within the previous 10 yrs
- MMR - series of 2 vaccinations
- Hepatitis B - series of 3 vaccinations
- Varicella - series of 2 vaccinations
- PPD skin test for TB - within 90 days prior the first day of class