The Pharmacy Technician program prepares individuals, through classroom instruction, to obtain employment in various pharmacy settings. For those who are already employed as technicians, it expands their skills and knowledge of medications and drug therapies. Students will receive a certificate of completion upon satisfactorily completing all program requirements. These students will be eligible to sit for the national exam. Areas emphasized in this program include the top 200 prescribed drugs, pharmaceutical calculations, law, pharmacy tasks, IV admixtures, and chemotherapy.
HEA 7625 (Medical Keyboarding) or Demonstrate the ability to type 35 wpm or more by following these instructions:
Please be advised that you must have a CPCC student ID number in order to take this test and to have the results counted. If you do not have one or have forgotten it, please call Corporate and Continuing Education Customer Service at (704) 330-4223 to obtain an ID number. Once that is done, please read and follow these directions carefully:
1) Please visit http://cpcc-healthcare.assesstyping.com/
2) Access code: Fall2013
3) Please fill in all boxes.
You are allotted 2 attempts to test out. You must have an accuracy score of at least 95%. If you are not successful, then you will be required to take Medical Keyboarding or wait to test out for the following semester. You will be notified by the department via email regarding your results within 48 hours of taking the test. Your results will be good for one (1) calendar year. Please make sure that your computer is running the most current version of JAVA. You may also find it helpful to clean out your cookies under Internet Options.
- PHX 7960 (Pharmacy Technician)
Permission is only granted for PHX 7960 upon completion of HEA 7625, testing out of HEA 7625 or Registering for HEA 7625 along with PHX 7960.
To register online
Cost: $180 per course (not including books and other College fees)
Withdrawal Policy (Occupational Extension Classes):
- All tuition will be systematically refunded by the College for any class canceled by the College.
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first day of the class.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class on or after the first day of the class through the 10% point of the class.